Tuesday, May 5, 2009

vines, wines, and ocean views... western australia

april 30th- may 3rd- margaret river, western australia

we had a great weekend planned in western australia's wine country with some friends. we flew into perth, wa (5 hours from singapore) then drove three hours to busselton just a hop, skip, and a jump away from margaret river. we shared a chalet with two other couples and wine tasted our little hearts out... maybe too much on the wine and not enough "just tasting"

tassel park winery- bought two bottles and some mulled wine mix

the ladies at tassel park (farah armstrong, kim de jong, and me)


dirk was our skipper in the dunlap car- i am guessing they mean DD

some of the vines

margaret river is on western australia coastline- simply breathtaking

the ladies again- overlooking the coast

looking out over smith's beach

sunset on the beach with good friends

footprints in the sand


most gorgeous sunrise the morning we left
we were able to walk away with four bottles of wine, some great pictures, and awesome memories with friends. dirk and i are now trying to figure how we can move here next... hmmm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! How can I arrange for Pook, the Babes and I to move there?

Emily said...

Ooo...I'm jealous. Margaret River wines are so good! Okay, next trip is New Zealand, right?! :)