Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mass Exodus from Singapore

May 2010: Annie Anderson leaves...

So summertime in Singapore equals... everyone either 1) leaves for good 2) leaves just for the summer due to school holiday which means.... many many going away parties and a HUGE slow down at the clinic.

So first to leave, my dear colleague Annie Anderson (she will probably kill me for blogging about her). She is my favorite Scottish nurse! Her husband works for BJ services, now Baker Hughes, and he got promoted and moved back to Aberdeen, Scottland. Hopefully when we make it to that side of the world, I will get to go see her, and the rest of Scottland!

Here are a couple pics of her going away party... miss her so much already but wish her and her family all the best!

Nora & I

Annie & I


Wendy & Regina & Koen
i would steal this little Asian baby if i could, he is SO SO cute!

June 2010: Dr. Mike Mercer leaves...

Now onto another brilliant person from IMC leaving, Dr. Michael Mercer. He is the American doctor from Minnesota who is the trailing spouse of his wife, the reason why he is over here. She was transferred back to Minnesota so Mike is leaving with her. I don't know who is more upset, the patients at IMC or the staff. We really love Mike and he helps even out all the estrogen at IMC.

Here are a couple pictures of his going away party too...

Mike & Russel
Russel is the owner of IMC

Rob, Robin, and Mike
the American team of doctors, Rob is Robin's husband and works for the U.S. embassy

Green beer at Red Dot Brewery in Dempsey Hill
it wasn't St. Patty's Day but it was said to cure HIV???

Philippe and his black squid ink pasta

Red Dot Brewery at Dempsey Hill

Erin & I
The American Nurse twins :)

No comments: