Monday, July 19, 2010

Nomad time in Texas

May 28th- June 13th: Home Leave Solo-style

It was such a quick trip home but I did get to catch up with some friends. I traveled without Dirk, who needed to stay home and work, so it was easier to see people in the Houston area. It is so hard when you only have two weeks at home and have to see three sets of family in three different areas in Texas. So this trip was excellent... much less pulling and more chilling.

Tony's Mexican Restaurant with the Maxie Street neighbors!
Brandon, Doug, me, Catherine, Karoline, Lara, and Kathy

these truly are the best neighbors



Mitchel's Birthday
Mitch got Iced

the crew at Little Woodrow's in Midtown


River Oaks, Houston

To Claudia & Julio's house! They invited Farah and I over for lunch which they made a traditional Venezuelan meal. It was so so good! Claudia and Farah worked with Dirk at FMC Singapore and have since moved back to Houston. I miss these ladies so much in Singapore, but I know we will hangout once we move back. Claudia lives very near to our townhouse and Farah lives down the street from my parents in Katy.

It was so great to finally meet Bruno, Claudia and Julio's son. He was such a doll, and Claudia made mothering look so easy. I think Farah and I both were impressed with it and could totally envision ourselves as mothers like Claudia. No toys all over the place, happy baby, and part time helper.


Farah & Bruno

D-licious.

Some Singapore favorites
Farah, Claudia, Bruno, Tina

College Station, TX

We got rained out at the river so we decided to spend some time in College Station with my brother. Instead of river time, we invented beer aerobics.

doobie helped us recycle

not much sun but happy to be home

beer aerobics

The Woodlands, TX

I made the hour plus journey to the Woodlands to see some more Singapore favorites! Misty & Frankie, who I miss BBQing with the most in Singapore! The recently bought a tanning salon so I had to go try out the spray tan. It was so good spending time with their gang, I miss this little munchkin too!


Bailey & I on the super bed

Now to the fun stuff! Hanging out with the old Houston/Texas A&M crew. It is like no time has passed at all. Melissa took me out on the town, starting out at one of my favorite Italian food resturants Vencient's on Dallas. I had a blast hanging out with her and the rest of the crew. I missed a couple of people but hope to see them in November.

Melissa & Tina
sporting the new spray tan too!


Bachelor Pad including flatscreen in the kitchen
Matt, Mike, and Mike


Kay's in Rice Village
James, Kevin, Mike, Cody, Mitchel, and Bonham at the Texas table


My favorite Cat at Cyclone Anaya's on Durham

No comments: