Thursday, September 2, 2010

Orchids

September 2nd, 2010

My orchids are blooming on our patio, just another wonderful reason to love Singapore! I thought I had killed them but this lovey tropical weather keeps them alive with little help from me. Actually Dirk and I only managed to kill one plant so far...

Officially Dirk has been here for 2 years, since August 23rd 2008. Otto didn't arrive until one month later and I was a little after that... just one more year to go and it has been such an amazing two years already! I can't wait to see what this year brings.


My Orchid in a shell :)



So next weekend is the Muslim celebration of Hari Raya Puasa, well actually it has been going on all month but we are celebrating it on the 10th with a holiday. Hari Raya Puasa is a very holy holiday with fasting and prayer, that is about all I know.

Anyway, we will be off to Beijing and Xi'an, China to see the Great Wall, Terracotta Warriors, and the Forbidden City. It will be a quick whorl wind of a trip but hopefully a successful insight to China.

No comments: