Saturday, October 23, 2010

Kata. Phi Phi. Railay, Thailand

October 1st-8th: Kappa Delta Reunion Number Two

Elizabeth and I met in the middle in Thailand for a week and traveled to three different islands. She came from Beijing, China during their National Holiday time. We basically back packed through Phuket, Phi Phi, and Railay.

Kata Beach, Phuket

Elizabeth's friends were also in town staying on this beach in a fabulous house that we got to stay at on the last day. I have never stayed on Kata beach but it is definietly better than the other beaches. It had surfing and a great relaxed atmosphere. I would totally go back here if going to Phuket again.

So the first day we went scuba diving and it was interesting, to say the least... first of all it was rainy season still so the water was really rough. I managed not to yack by overdosing on Dramamine (you think 4 was too many?) and willing myself not to, for the mere fact that three guys were throwing up their guts at the back of the boat. I swore I wouldn't join them, and thankfully didn't. I felt much better after getting in the water.



First night drinks at the Reggae Bar.


E enjoying her Thai beer.


Pineapple Rice!


Beautiful sunset on Kata Beach


Loved the Clouds


Everyone loves fruit art?


Phi Phi Island- Bay View Resort

So onto Phi Phi Island, which is another place I haven't stayed. It was actually really relaxing and not too many tourist yet since the low season. But TONS and TONS of Chinese tourist, it was rather funny. We spent a whole afternoon taking pictures of their photo sessions on the beach. E lives in China and she still doesn't get enough of their antics.

We scuba dived here as well. It had to be some of the most fun diving I have done in awhile. First of all the boat was basically all ours, we had a nice American dive master, AND the dive sites were basically deserted since the storm. It was really cheap too ($30 USD a dive). My favorite part was jumping off the boat in Maya Bay with no one around.



Arriving on Phi Phi Island.


The storm we dove in, it actually wasn't that bad and passed right over us. But it LOOKED really scary, I was questioning if we were going to really dive in this??


So this was one of the reasons the dive sites were empty.


One private tour.


Phi Phi Scuba, was great!


Oh Thailand!




Maya Beach, where The Beach was filmed.



Water was so awesome! This is the same day as the storm.

Long Tail Boats



Papaya Salad, Red Curry, and Coconut Rum Drink, YUM!

Railay, Thailand

Lastly we stopped at Railay, a place I have been before and just LOVE! It is so majestic, I was questioning if I should have even taken E there but after we got there, you can just feel how beautiful the place is. I especially love other peoples reactions.


Railay West Beach

E and I on one of the prettiest beaches in Thailand!


The rock formations are just amazing!

We saw a Komodo Dragon in the cave just behind me too!




Supposedly this beach is known for its sunsets.

Everyone comes here to watch it and take pictures.

We were really only in Railay for one night, not even 24 hours. We managed to see the sunset, get some fabulous pictures, eat at Mom's (same place as I ate with Katy & Sarah) complete with a lady boy waitress (the same one as last time), and get some much needed rest.

We checked out early and made our way back to Kata Beach to meet up with E's friends. In Kata we spent the day lounging at E's friends private pool, taking naps and reading. We had a fabulous dinner complete with a special Thai dance. E and her friends introduced me to sparkplugs and I don't think I will ever be the same! We ended the night every early in the morning back in Patong Beach. Our flight was at 9AM so with some help of hotel staff we made it safely back to Singapore.


The view of Kata Beach from their private house.


The house was massive!

Slept 12 people with a full service staff and staff quarters plus gym and kids playroom.


Thai dancers


Everyone say Sparkplug!

No comments: