Elizabeth and I dove twice while in Thailand, first in Phuket and then on Phi Phi. Again, I will reiterate, it was rainy season meaning ROUGH seas! And anyone who knows me, knows I get really really motion sick very easily. I get motion sick in taxis in Singapore that is really not hard to do since they can't figure out a happy medium from the gas pedal to the brake. The diving wasn't the best for visibility but it was some of the most fun and adventurous diving yet.

After the storm in the Phi Phi Islands. We stopped here and ate lunch, jumped off the boat, and swam with the fishes.
This is during the storm, heading out to dive.This boat was apparently a Canadian Scuba Dive Shop on Phi Phi. The story was he offered a really cheap rate and wasn't very detailed or safe with his company.
Looks like he got was he deserved. It happened 3 days before we passed it.
The dive guide on the first trip took all these pictures. I didn't bring my camera because I didn't want to be responsible for it. We didn't get pictures of the dives in Phi Phi, they were the fun ones. We were down 86 minutes on our last dive looking for sharks. We actually saw one reef shark. It was great diving with a friend who shared a passion for the sea.
E came back to Singapore for a couple days and we managed to sparkplug Singapore before she left. Oh the goodness!

And I thought I would leave you with some fabulous pictures of the Chinese tourist on Phi Phi. I hope you get a laugh out of them, you might not understand unless you have visited Asia but I will try to explain. Please don't take offense.
We sat here for awhile taking these gems of pictures.

This one was awesome! Probably at least an hour long photo shoot with the beach ball.
You can't see it but she is holding it in front of her and would pose provocatively with it. It is funny because Dirk's dermatologist in Singapore has pics like this of his wife up in the office and sends them out on Christmas cards to all the different clinics too.

This one was probably the most painful. Maybe only 30 minutes long but she made him do this in front of a whole group of people, even the local Thai's were cracking up. She would make him do a different pose but it wasn't different. He would only move his hands further down on his knees about an inch every time. She probably has 100+ photos of him standing like that.
I hope these bring you some laughter! Have a great day!




No comments:
Post a Comment