Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Texas Bound

Texas: 17 days of traveling all over...

November 5th-21st, 2010

Katy, Texas: The homecoming

I don't think anyone gets use to flying for 24 hours straight! I say this every time, you take days off your life making that flight!

We did have a great time at home, each home leave is a little different, you notice how different things really are, and how home isn't what you thought it was. Home for us is really now in Singapore, we felt like we were actually visiting this time, and with that comes the feeling of "this holiday is too long". I equate this to, too much travel and too many people pulling you in different directions. Oh, and maybe too that Dirk and I got deathly sick the first week back.

I really enjoyed spending time with my family as always, we really know how to have a fun time even when circumstances aren't ideal. Like giving our cold to every single one of them... oops! Here are a couple pics of the trip, I am so far behind on our travels...


Ryan & Doobie came for the homecoming... Pappasitos of coarse!


The journey to Houston to see the Lewis's and eat at one of my favorite Italian restaurants, Michelangelo's.

Going home is mostly about seeing people over delicious FOOD!


Drinks at Benjy's afterward, which right around the corner from our townhome. We actually got to see it while in town. It had some minor damage from an air conditioner leak and 3 girls living in it, hopefully it holds up.


Got to spend some great time with this girl... CAT!!


We popped open the gun safe, luckily we found the combination! So Dirk could "think" he was hunting again... I have known him for 10 years and have never heard of him killing a dear... I think it is all for show, or he must miss his guns in Singapore :(

College Station, Texas

Can never pass this place up! Especially since little brother is still there, but graduating this MAY!!! No more free places to stay for football games :(


Tailgating with flip cup games... always has to happen when we go home!


The Simpson family at the tailgate.


Dirk, very happy that the Aggies did well this season.


The crew's tailgate... bigger each year!


Cody & Dad discussing world politics probably.


Dad at Northgate... oh what a day...


will always be the Jacobs crew :)

The new sorority girl fashion

Someone please explain to me these bows? You look like you are in elementary school NOT college!! Not attractive!



Dollar Dollar Bills!

San Antonio, Texas

River Walk action please...


We were trying to replicate a photo of us taken 30 years earlier at the River Walk.


Cheers to 30 years!


YUM!


The parental unit



Shelley & Jon!!

Got to meet my lil sis's soon to be hubby! Coming back in March for their wedding!


Dr. Naiser, soon to be Dr. Hancock!

Tina, Chelsea, Kelly

Of coarse had to see these lovely ladies! Too bad I missed Andy.


Kelly & Drew plus baby in the belly :)

Lela, Zach, Dirk, Tina

The Dunlaps! After a great tour of Lela's work at USAA.

So good to see Zach after more than 2 years!

BACK to College Station, Texas


Brother's birthday!


Love these people so much!

No comments: