Sunday, September 18, 2011

Bali, Indonesia

January 13th- 16th, 2011

Bali, Indonesia

It seems like every time my parents make the trek over to Singapore I am sick, the first time I had emergency surgery and this time I was deathly ill with pregnancy sickness.  AND for some reason in Singapore they don't believe in medications to relieve this symptom, so I grinned and bared.  We planned a trip to Bali and I wasn't going to miss out.

We had a fabulous villa in Seminyak region of Bali. The days were spent seeing the sights and taking in the culture.  One day we toured the island via van stopping at the volcano, rice terraces, temples, and coffee plantations.  

The Jacobs Family in Bali, Indonesia
Famous rice terraces. 

Buddhist temple.

Ryan posing, they kind of look similar?

Mom & Dad


Rice fields, stopped here for lunch.

Villa, private pool :)

Dirk relaxing on the lab top, hopefully not working.

HI mom!

Volcano

Sampling coffee

Coffee, my brother trying to be artsy with my camera, me trying not to yak in the background.

Will have to thank Dylan later in life for making this trip so rememberable. 

Dad tasting the expensive coffee that is made by some animals poop.

Yep, I said ANIMAL POOP, and it is expensive!

Cheers!!
The animal that pooped the coffee beans... apparently they process in their intestines or something...

Famous beach for surfing!

Why I LOVE my family.

Water aerobic every morning and loving it.  While i was on land trying not to yak.

This was really a great trip even though I felt horrible.  We stayed up late every night, listening to great music by the pool and coining phrases like "Bintang Power".  Bintang is the beer of Indonesia.  Also belting out Katy Perry's song "Fireworks"... nothing like my brother, mother, and Dirk drunk at night singing this song in Bali.

No comments: